There are a lot of great new products coming to the market all the time, but it takes a lot to make a great product. There are always the gimmicks and fads, but the ideas that actually make things cleaner, and are robust are the ones that everyone is looking for.
Here are 6 of our favourites for 2018:
1. The Smart Mop
If you follow our blog posts, you may have noticed there is a bit of a re-ocurring theme with this mop system. It really does combine the best of all the mopping systems, and is suprisingly almost completely overlooked in the cleaning industry. If there was an industry best kept secret, this might be it. Dont let the initial cost put you off, as these mop heads will last you a couple of years if you look after them.
The principles behind the smart mop are brilliant; a flat break frame with a deep pile microfibre head that gives a really agressive clean (great for safety flooring) and a double bucket with a brilliant wringer. The idea behind a double bucket is that you use clean water to clean the floor with, and you rinse the dirty mop head out in the dirty water side, and when used correctly you wont be just spreading around the dirt on the floor. Still skeptical? It really does work.
2. 21 Foot Reach High Level Vacuum Kit
High level dusting is a big thing, and this kit makes vacuuming dust at height much more possible. There are a couple of stand-out features on this kit that we really like above other kits:
- It has so many attachments - it has angles for cleaning ledges (as shown below), pipes, walls etc, there is almost nothing it cant reach or adapt to.
- It will fit any Numatic machine - this is a real bonus, and when we have demonstrated this machine, the Numatic VNP180 has been perfectly adequate for the job. All you need to buy extra is the Numatic 38mm hose to make it work.
- The tubes and tools lock together so they wont fall off at height.
3. The IVO Power Brush XL
This machine is quite simply brilliant. It comes complete with the kit bag shown above with a range of brushes etc. It has a 2 hour run time (2 hour recharge time), and is suprisingly torquey. The smaller brush is perfect for cleaning around posts, toilet bowls, up safety flooring easy-clean edges and so much more, whilst the drive board opens up the possibilities of using it with a black pad for stripping, green pad for scrubbing, or even a melamine sponge pad. Teamed with the melamine sponge pad, this machine is mind-blowing; you can cut through years of dirt build-up on safety flooring in seconds. Here's a quick video of it doing just that on a recent demo:
4. Truvox Multiwash 340/Pump Battery
The Multiwash has always been one of our staple pieces of equipment in our demo fleet. Very effective on safety flooring this is one machine which will clean almost any floor surface. What has changed in the last couple of years however, is being able to get this machine in a battery version, and now for 2018 for the first time, a sensible price. Quiet, effective, and now completely cordless, this machine is ideal for almost any environment. One of the best features of this machine is how simple it is to operate, as well as only needing warm water most of the time to cut through built-up dirt. Ask for a demo on this machine.
5. Numatic RSB140 Battery Backpack Vacuum
Anyone serious about cutting labour time should consider these machines. There are many battery vacuums on the market, but none of them are as good as the Numatic machines with the same value for money. You will get a 30 minute run time on these machine, but dont be put off, as it is so quick you will be able to get much more done in this half an hour than you would with any other vacuum. Very quiet, and ideal for cleaning cluttered offices and school buildings.
6. Fimap iMx Scrubber Drier
This is the second scrubber drier on this list, and it has worked hard to get here. It has a lot of excellent features:
- Almost no electronics - there is one circuit board behind the hour meter
- 4 Hour run time
- 40L capacity and 20" deck, but still manages to be very compact
- Robust and able to stand harsh environments
- Just SO simple to operate; no fancy gismo's just a straighforward basic machine (less to go wrong!)