The horror stories we hear about bleach when we carry out COSHH training never cease to amaze us. One time I was told a cleaner at a school made up a solution with bleach and another chemical in a mop bucket - the reaction knocked the poor cleaner out on the floor (it could have easily been a fatal mistake!). Another time someone knew of someone who had drunk bleach and didnt survive.
Perhaps there is no other chemical which divides opinion so much. Or is it the most misunderstood, and dangerous chemical to use today, and is there still a place for it?